Iowa Hick....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

earache_my_eye

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2008
waaayyyy Northern IOWA
Name is Eric.....I just found this forum a couple days ago and am busily filling my head with the wealth of information on here. I don't have a smoker just yet, but with all the various and creative ideas, I'm leaning toward building my own. I just happen to be in posession of a very old fridge (enamel on steel inside, even
biggrin.gif
). I think if I mess around enough, I might just be able to make a hybrid out of it....LP for hot smoking.....hot plate with thermostat for cooler smokes. Should be interesting.....I'll keep y'all posted!!
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

From one Newbie to another, welcome. I plan on doing my 2nd smoke tomorrow. So, I am not far ahead. Don't think I'll attempt to build one though, not that handy. Good luck!

Welcome, I hope you have a good time with your new ventures...
If you need help I think there are a few of us fridge smokers here. I started a thread looking for pics on them. check it out it might help with any ideas...

O.K. Earache my eye, First u should get Jeff's 5 Day E-Mail course, and purchase Jeff's Rib Rub and BBQ Sauce it's great and supports the site, Welcome aboard and don't be scared to ask questions, sooner or later they will be answered

Welcome Eric...Richtee ya never told me we could teach that smoker ta fetch drinks? Lots a great people on here Eric. Yep ...everyone like pics so don't be shy man!

CRAP.........clicked on this thread, thought it was a joke in the joke section.......and i was going to take umbrage.........never mind........

welcome dude.......yeah, make sure you take Jeff's free 5-day ecourse .........lots of tips in there

once again.......welcome

LOL Ken.....not alot of people catch that C&C reference......a friend in highschool started that.....and more recently it came back up more as a label when I started singing karaoke....
icon_redface.gif

thanks for the warm welcomes from everybody......so far this site and "the smoke ring" have been invaluable resources for information......my head is swimming with all the possibilities!!!

Eric

We can teach them fetch drinks or mix drinks? Hold on gotta try this one out............................................... ................................

................Damn smoker, mixed water in my crown. Told it just ice, guess we just need more training. Good thing she's kickin out good "Q", just might have to keep her around

Lawdog

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky