invalid avatar file

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
i have tried to upload a picture for my avatar and i have also uploaded it to another site and when i try to update it, i keep getting invalid file.

not sure how to fix this..

thanks for any help

direct link avatar

You might want to send a pm to Brian. I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

the problem is its 99 pixels wide and the limit on smf is 80x80. yo need to make it smaller.

According to my avatar page it says "175X175 pixels or 48.8 KB max."

I am having same problem-i moved my old avatar to my signature page no problem today ,but could not add new avatar-using same procedure i added my old avatar
eek.gif

I get the same "invalid file" message when trying to upload a GIF that's 75 x 75 pixels and just over 1Kb. I even tried all other formats and same error message. It's probably toward the bottom of Brian's list since it's not a critical component of the forum. I also see that we're back to the stock "vbulletin" image at the top of the page (not that that's a big deal). I'm glad we have the forum back up though - even with the losses and all.

Tom

Should work now. Try it and PM me. Please also PM me with issues. Since I am working on the site alot I do not get to read all the threads right now.

Thanks

Not sure what broke. I will be gone until tuesday. I will have to work on it then. I will not have internet access where ill be at. I apologize if this isnt soon enough.

I don't know what is involved but I would trust Brian to get things back to normal, he has my trust and confidence.

The avaitir is no biggy at this time.

Let's have some paitence while the site is being restored.

This coming from a member not a moderator.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky