Internet/Phone Outages - I'm Back

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by tulsajeff, Jun 5, 2010.

1. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have NOT been ignoring anyone if it seemed that way[​IMG] (I have thought about it).. I have DSL running on a phone line and out here in the rural area that I live in, there are not a lot of options to choose from right now.

I have been offline..meaning no phone and no internet since June 2nd other than on my  Blackberry and that is like not even having internet in my opinion.

I want to thank Brian, Jerry and all of the moderators (except for Abi) for jumping in and taking up the slack. Abi has been off line too[​IMG]

Anyway.. I heard someone complaining a while back that I just wasn't handling the issues fast enough so while maybe I'm not, this time it was AT&T's fault[​IMG]

I'm really just being funny in my own dry humor way and letting everyone know that I can now read your posts again and get PM's.

Back to the Fun!!

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome back Jeff I'm sure you were about tired of the crackberry for awhile [​IMG]

3. tulsajeff

You know that's right. I don't mind reading email on the thing but browsing the internet is just not happening.[​IMG]

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Well with the storms rolling through here right now we'll see how long I stay on and I don't have a crackberry [​IMG]   So far I've had to reboot twice and I just had the power out for a minute causing another reboot

5. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad you got your phone situation resolved.  Don't you just hate it when that happens?[​IMG]

6. tulsajeff

AT&T and I had a come to Jesus meeting!! That was after it took me 25 minutes of talking to an answering machine to finally get to a real customer lack of service representative. Then they kept telling me to go to ATT.COM to get help for common problems and I just screamed into the phone.. I WOULD LOVE TO IF I COULD MORON!![​IMG]

I am feeling much better now..

7. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Jeff, getting PM's is ok,,, getting PMS is not. Glad your back in action.

Direct from the riot zone,

Rich

8. abigail4476

abigail4476 Jeff's Woman SMF Premier Member

Hehe...Jeff without internet access is like depriving a mama bear of her cubs.  Scary!!!!!   [​IMG]   

9. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

My mama doesn't have any cubs,,, and she's still scary. LOL,

10. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

ROFL !!!

11. abigail4476

abigail4476 Jeff's Woman SMF Premier Member

Haha!!!  Well, that's as it should be!  [​IMG]

12. Hey Jeff, If Verizon has good coverage in your area, I suggest losing the Blackberry and get a Droid. I used mine just like a computer while on vacation this past week. I can also tether my laptop to it via USB and use it as a modem which is about as fast as your DSL. Just a thought for a solution to your AT&T issues.

13. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad to have both of you back!