Internet/Phone Outages - I'm Back

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have NOT been ignoring anyone if it seemed that way
icon_mrgreen.gif
(I have thought about it).. I have DSL running on a phone line and out here in the rural area that I live in, there are not a lot of options to choose from right now.

I have been offline..meaning no phone and no internet since June 2nd other than on my  Blackberry and that is like not even having internet in my opinion.

I want to thank Brian, Jerry and all of the moderators (except for Abi) for jumping in and taking up the slack. Abi has been off line too
wink.gif

Anyway.. I heard someone complaining a while back that I just wasn't handling the issues fast enough so while maybe I'm not, this time it was AT&T's fault
rolleyes.gif

I'm really just being funny in my own dry humor way and letting everyone know that I can now read your posts again and get PM's.

Back to the Fun!!

Welcome back Jeff I'm sure you were about tired of the crackberry for awhile
biggrin.gif

Welcome back Jeff I'm sure you were about tired of the crackberry for awhile
biggrin.gif
You know that's right. I don't mind reading email on the thing but browsing the internet is just not happening.
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

Well with the storms rolling through here right now we'll see how long I stay on and I don't have a crackberry
icon_smile.gif
  So far I've had to reboot twice and I just had the power out for a minute causing another reboot

Glad you got your phone situation resolved.  Don't you just hate it when that happens?
biggrin.gif

Glad you got your phone situation resolved.  Don't you just hate it when that happens?
biggrin.gif
AT&T and I had a come to Jesus meeting!! That was after it took me 25 minutes of talking to an answering machine to finally get to a real customer lack of service representative. Then they kept telling me to go to ATT.COM to get help for common problems and I just screamed into the phone.. I WOULD LOVE TO IF I COULD MORON!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I am feeling much better now..

Jeff, getting PM's is ok,,, getting PMS is not. Glad your back in action.

Direct from the riot zone,

Rich

Hey Jeff, If Verizon has good coverage in your area, I suggest losing the Blackberry and get a Droid. I used mine just like a computer while on vacation this past week. I can also tether my laptop to it via USB and use it as a modem which is about as fast as your DSL. Just a thought for a solution to your AT&T issues.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky