• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Interesting Semi-scientific Comparisons of Knife Sharpeners

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I saw this YouTube video right after it was posted. I intended to post the link earlier, but TG, Christmas, new granddaughter being delivered as I type. So, if you have a bit of an analytical mind like me, this is an interesting watch. It can easily confirm what you already know about your sharpener, or give you some ideas for a new one. Heck, you could tell Santa about something you see!

No whetstones were harmed in the making of this video.

RUSSIA vs USA Knife Sharpener? TSPROF vs Lansky, Wicked Edge, KME, Tormek T-8, Work Sharp Ken Onion - Bing video

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Interesting video. I've had the Lansky for 40 yrs at least and don't use it often enough.
And congrats on the new grand !
And they sure are grand !

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Thanks! She is 21.9" and 11.2 lbs (that's not a typo).

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Wow she's ready for middle school lol
3 of mine were premmies... not much bigger than a squirrel.....

xbubblehead

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 31, 2021
Granddaughters are great, that's all I have!
I've stubbornly resisted buying any of these "erector set" sharpening systems; for the simple knives I sharpen I can't see the expense when I do just fine with an oil stone.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
She was born 8 minutes after my first post. Her mother had a full head of dark hair when she was born. And so does little Hannah.

I love stone sharpening. The video was a great way to show the efficiency of the devices that achieve similar results.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.