Interesting Dilema...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

316sports

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Crossroads, Tx
I have an intersting question for all you smoking pro's. Next weekend, we hare having a family reunion over at our house. I will have a large group of (dare I say it) very elderly relatives here as well. My wife want's me to smoke some kind of beef, i.e. roast, brisket, etc...., but I know that several of my kin folk either have dentures or no teeth.
icon_cry.gif
In your opinion, assuming I cook it right, what is the most tender cut of beef that I could smoke for my relatives? Thanks for your help.

Andrew

I'm not sure what would be the most tender cut.

The last smokie okie brisket I made didn't require teef 4 da beef.

Most tender??? Filet mignon, but I wouldn't smoke that. When my grandparents lived with us, my nana didn't wear her dentures and my pap pap couldn't eat the tough cuts of roast beef. Hence started roast beef salad. We would use our old hand grinder and grind the meat for them and for dinner they would eat that with the gravy and all. Looked gross but it tasted excellent. With the left overs we would mix the groud up roast beef with mayo and make a "salad", like ham or chicken salad. Still do it today with left overs. Maybe lean towards some smoked chicken for them, that's always tender.

Thanks. Chicken is already on the menu. I will have a brisket on the menu as well. I was just thinking about a more tender cut of beef, but I like the food grinder idea.

Believe it or not, if you do a chuck roast right, you can pull it and it will be pretty tender. I did one earlier this week and it turned out pretty tender.

I think Flyboys is on the mark. Depending on number to be served I'd say a chuck roll with some of Jeff's Rub and a good slathering of a sweet mustard should be fine tasting and rightly tender. Run it up to 170-200.

Do you have your heart set on beef, if not how about some yummy pulled pork. That'll just melt in their mouth. If you are going the beef route, a chuck roast is pretty good. If you're gong to slice it, I'd go for around 150 degree, or if you want to pull it, around 190 degrees.

Thanks for the help. I am already doing a brisket anyways, so a pulled pork does sound appealing. I appreciate the help.

Andrew

How about some smoked meatloaf? Once you try it you can't either it any other way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky