Insulation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wally3128

Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
Wichita Falls
Hi Fellas,

Converting an old uprite freezer. The insulation on the bottom of the unit has gotten we some how. I'm guessing that I should remove the inside "BOX" and replace the insulation that got wet.

Your opinion PLEASE !!!

Wally

I'm guessing it is an old freezer with a fiberglass cloth like insulation?  How wet did it get?  Arethere any vent holes for air to get in to the insulation?

Na!!!

There was some water in the bottom from unthawing . Some Dumb A%&^, tilted the thing on it's front to remove the compresser!The water has to go some were. The DUMMY has since removed the inner liner, and removed the old soaked fiberglass bats 4 to 6 inches thick, from the bottom. And removed the glass 6" up the sides, as it was wicking up from the bottom. That glass has not seen daylight since 1956 when it was put in!

I'm thinking that after it drys, maybe saturday, to replace it with some R-30 PINK I got out in the shed! Then replace the LINER.

Good idea or not? No vents in it at all!!!

I plan to add a charcoal fire box to the side of it next week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky