Insanity sale: pork butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bman62526

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Decatur, IL
Hey all. I was at Kroger last night for dogfood only, when I cruised the meat isle...just to see what was going on for their regular weekly sales that start on Thurs.

Kroger has fresh cut pork butts on sale for 88 cents per pound! I bought 3 huge ones, and will be doing them all on Saturday.

If you have a Kroger nearby in the Midwest, you should check it out! I did receive some feedback on another site that this price is not advertised at ALL Kroger locations, but perhaps you could call your local store and work something out?

Hot damn! Really wish I lived near one.
I cruise through the meat section whenever I go to the store but have never found a deal that good.

Bummer for me cause there airn't any Krogers near us. Oh wooo is me.

Many of the stores by me in Minnesota have been running .88 sales on butts. I saw loins for $1.59 a couple of weeks ago.

are the Kroger butts "enhanced" with the the soldium solution?

For those of us in Kansas City Kansas, Lipari Bros Thriftway at 800 Kansas Avenue in Kansas City Kansas has them in Cry-O-Vac for $.89lb today through Oct. 27th...

WOW! Got 4 today in Globe Az. 88 a Lb. Labeled as Kroger in a Fry's store. Did not know they were connected.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

here in tucson shoulders are 88 and butts are 99-and ya frys is krogers lil brother.

Yeah, but there's gotta be somethin' for ya at the Publix, Winn-Dixie or a Piggly-Wiggly!
icon_wink.gif

yikes, I couldnt do it, even for that price, But I guess if thats all that is available you gotta do what you gotta do.

PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

our local kroger store here had them last week .69 a# and loins for 1.49 stocked up on both buts for bacon,sausage&pp and loins for whatever. had loin chops last night em em good
icon_smile.gif

It was my first smoke, but I was still pretty sure that the enhanced butts were not the way to go. Instead I went (literally) next door to Publix and got a nice fresh unadulterated butt.

I totally understand. Un-enhanced is the way to go, but I have bought some enhanced meat(not much lately, I try to plan well in advance if possible). Like I said sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do when bbq must be had.
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

When ya get used to a good cut of meat those others just don't cut it. We have a local grocer that has .99 butts every so often that are of very good quality, not enhanced.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky