• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Injectors -

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
My mom gave me one that came with her lil oven thing that spins the bird as it cooks ( what's it called? )

I've used it once and just wasn't all that thrilled with the results. Think I'll stick to marinades and brining.

It would be cool to see a grease gun converted to a large scale injector!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
If you want a good injector go to your local vet supply and buy a stainless syringe that they use on horses and cattle. get the biggest diameter needle they have and at least 3 to 4 inchs long or longer.

I have seen a few folks make injectors out of 1 gallon garden type pump sprayers.

you can use it to inject and then change tips and use to spritz.

Last edited:

mythmaster

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 24, 2010
If you want a good injector go to your local vet supply and buy a stainless syringe that they use on horses and cattle. get the biggest diameter needle they have and at least 3 to 4 inchs long or longer.

I have seen a few folks make injectors out of 1 gallon garden type pump sprayers.

you can use it to inject and then change tips and use to spritz.
Yeah, those horse/cattle syringes work great.  My dad is good friends with a vet and he got them for free to use on the Thanksgiving turkeys.  I had to go help deliver a calf one T-day -- oh, man, that's some nasty business!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.