Ingredients For Rub/Marinade vs. Sauce?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deke dirt

Original poster
May 2, 2010
Good folk,

I am studying some books on flavor affinities and am thinking about making my first sauce.

However, if I have a set of complimentary ingredients I decide I want to use, to go with my (say) pork spare ribs, how should I decide which ingredients should go into the rub/marinade and which should be used to create a sauce?

Do you all have a simple method for deciding this?  Or does it even matter?

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

Derek

I have a very simple method -your decision should be based on what tastes good to you. My advice is to do some research on rubs, marinades and sauces, mix up some that appeal to you and give them a try or post here and ask for opinions on the recipe. If it tastes good it is good IMO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky