Indoor commercial smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BaxtersBBQ

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 5, 2020
Does anybody know of an inexpensive Indoor Commercial smoker? SmokinTex is the least expensive one I can find for about $3000. My fire codes officer says the manufacturer must classify it as both “Commercial” and “indoor” to be used in a restaurant. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Webstaurantstore shows a few. Not sure exactly what your looking for but the ones I saw are liquid propane or natural gas.

Thanks guys. Southern Prides are nice but pricey. A small used one is about $3500. Webstaurant store has some around $2500 but you have to buy the smoking accessories kit for another $1000 if you want racks in it lol, plus the shipping is expensive. I’m still looking tho, anybody else know of any?

Try Cookshack - might be above your budget but it meets your specs.
Purchased a SM-160 used some time ago. We are not commercial but the cooker is inside and piped outside. Unit came with the exhaust hood. Works reasonably well removing the smoke. Small fan powering hood can be challenged during high winds to remove the smoke.
Cooker is pretty much set and forget. Satisfied with overall unit.

SM-160
Specifications:
Cooking Capacity: Pork Butts: 120 lbs., Brisket: 100 lbs., Ribs: 50 lbs. or 20 whole chickens per load
Cooking Surface: Qty 5 - 18" x 18" (45.7 x 45.7 cm) nickel plated grills, 5" (12.7 cm) apart
Cooking Area: 1,620 square inches
Temperature Settings: 125°-300°F
Shipping Weight: 240 lbs
Included Equipment:
5 grills, side racks, drip pan, wood box, wood box handle, casters, operator’s manual, cookbook, 10 lbs. hickory wood, spare heating element and Cookshack Spice Kit
Fuel Usage: 1 oz. of wood required to smoke 60 lbs. of product.
Average operating cost: $.97 for 12 hours
Construction and Insulation: Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas® Fiberglass Insulation

ETL Listed (USA and Canada), NSF and USDA approved

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky