Independence Day

Discussion in 'Pork' started by azkitch, Jul 21, 2010.

1. azkitch

azkitch Smoke Blower

Well this year for the 4th of July, I cooked 2 butts and a brisket on the smoker. I also fired up the Weber and cooked habanero burgers and brats. I posted the before pics of the brisket in the beef section, but got no after pictures. It must have sat in the cooler for 4 hours after cooking! I didn't get before pictures of the pork butts, but here is the after shot...

[​IMG]

The green bottle of fluid was to lubricate the pit boss. The SW Chipotle (Chip-Oat-Lay) is very tasty, although I think it had more heat in its previous incarnation.

Most of the pork and half the brisket went into the freezer, since there are only 5 of us to eat all the described food, as well as the potato salad and deviled eggs and beans. Burp!

The brisket was about 15% underdone, and the butts were about the same amount overdone. Close enough for a holiday. If I had been competing, the brisket would have waited another hour.

2. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    as if it already wasn't hot enough that day......i had to work the tempe town lake gig. it all sounds great!

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

looks great and sounds like a hot day.

4. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Some guys have all the luck,,, congrats my friend.