Independence Day Smoke (sort of)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

holy smokes

Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Old Bridge, NJ
Spent the 4th of July with some friends and didn't get a chance to cook until the 5th.
Decided to make some fatties, spares, baked beans and a kielbasa

Trimmed the spares St.Louis Style and rubbed one with my favorite rub recipe, The Cherry Jello Rub, borrowed from one of my favorite NY BBQ Restaurant Owners/Pitmasters, Adam Perry Lang.

Rubbed the other with a rub I purchased from the Smoken Dudes BBQ Team store in BenSalem PA.

Fatty # 1- A Duck Sauce, Sage spice and Brown Sugar fatty looked good initially but fell apart while rolling. No problem , I put it in a small roaster pan, smoked it and used some of it to flavor the Baked Beans! I'll get it to roll up next time.

Fatty #2- Apple Butter and cream cheese-

Fatty # 3- Pizza Fatty using mozzarella sticks

Fatty #4- Pineapple and Cream Chese-

Ready to eat- Fatty #2 (Apple Butter and Cream Cheese) and some Smoked Kielbasa

Ready to eat- Pizza Fatty

Ready to eat- Pineapple/Cream Cheese Fatty-

Here's the ribs!

Had fun smoking these until the rain came and forced me to move under the awning.
Hope you all had fun on the fourth of July as well.

Kevin
AKA, Holy Smokes

Kevin, it all looks awesome...well done!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky