im sure glad today is the start of spring!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gethenet

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Racine, Wisconsin
First day of spring...and we may get 15 inches of SNOW!!!!

Im going to smoke that butt...snow or no snow!
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Low sixties here with north winds. Two seven pound butts to go on later for a late niter. Good eats tomorrow for sure. I reckon it'll be like an Easter ham or something.

The grounhog saw his shadow so... 6 more months of winter here in Canada. Just kidding, Gonna fire up the fridge smoker i've been working on for a bit of a party. Try to get pictures but i still can't really figure out how to use this site properly.

what do you mean?...oh you mean how to post pics on here?

best way I have found is to go to photobucket.com...and put your pics in there..then just copy them to here

It's 34* right now and the snow has missed us so far, they were talkin 3 or 4 inchs of slop snow, don't need it, don't wan't it! Glad it's been warmer though, now when it dries up some, can get out and get the place cleaned up from winter!

Net: know what you mean, planned on workin out on the deck today, wanted to put a new table on the horizontal cooker, put down some patio block on the deck cook station and maybe smoke a fatty. But it is raining (not complainin, least its not snow!) so, might just get the fatty done and work in the office today. Guess there's next weekend for the fun projects!

rubbing a butt (for pulling) a tenderloin to slice & freeze-couple chops to freeze & another chunk of that brisket.Gumbo for Easter-Yea! low 80'S here. I sure hope to see your weather get better. it has been a long 1 for you-all.

I just keep reminding myself its spring......
icon_mrgreen.gif

This is a pain in the BUTT.....I really do not want to let mother nature win thisone...lol

Having trouble keeping temps steady...don't understand why...its only blowing 25-30 mph

Is a fatty done at 170 degrees?..or should I take it higher?

Man, sounds like there is some serious smoking going on across the country today. Desert, think I am coming to your place since my butts are for Sunday, what time is dinner?
icon_wink.gif

Have I mentioned...how much I love the cold blowing snow...with 25-35 mph winds...its great for keeping that temp up on the smoker...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky