I'm present.

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by chaosmunki, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Well, let's see. My name is Jereme, and I live in Tampa. Aside from hamburgers or hot dogs on the 4th...maybe on a family member's gas grill, I have no experience...till now that is.

For christmas, my girlfriend bought me a cheaper 40" Brinkmann smoker from Wal-Mart (i had just bought a $30 hibachi, but i mean...c'mon!!). I bought a Brinkmann thermometer online, and come to find out it fits every model EXCEPT the Wal-Mart one! So I guess I'll be getting into modding soon enough. That is actually the reason I came here to the forums in the first place, and everyone was super helpful..thanks.

I think the first thing I did, aside from curing it, was grilled chicken. I wasn't quite ready to smoke anything yet. I bought a book about smoking, and read everything up to the recipes...learned a few things from the book.

Then I smoked up some salmon from a recipe I learned not so long ago...everyone who has it loves it more than anything...even life! heh.

So anyway, now I am here (been here a couple weeks actually)...and I come on every now and again to learn.
    Well, until my next post, thanks guys[​IMG]

2. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

welcome to smf,this is a great forum where you can pick up all sorts of tips ,recipies, and spark for the imagination. i have been around but a short time and think this is one of the greatest sites!!!

3. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard! This is a great place to learn!

4. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Glad ya joined in! Welcome and enjoy the SMF.

5. smellsgood

smellsgood Newbie

Good to hear from another that has joined this group. Just a warning from a newbie: This form is addictive. You cant smell smoke here, but you will get hooked on the pictures.

6. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the site......Glad you stopped lurking..........

7. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome and keep it TBS-glad u joined.

8. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

9. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

chaosmunki
    Glad you joined us, unlimited amount of info here, welcome ot SMF !!!

10. bertjo44

bertjo44 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome Jeremy. I'll bet you have great weather for smoking in Tampa right now #&$%^*%^#$&*%^#%*. Anway, welcom.

11. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum.

12. Thank you ALL for the very warm welcome! Nicest folks I have met on forums in a long time. [​IMG]

13. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

A tardy welcome to ya, enjoy the site it is very helpful.

14. lawdog

lawdog Smoking Fanatic

Welcome , glad to have you along for the ride.

Lawdog