I'm new but will try my luck with brisket for Fathers day.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vince

StickBurners
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 14, 2008
Denham springs, LA
First off I want to say what a cool site this is. I have been on and off all day reading. great site!

For Fathers Day I'm going to smoke a 8lbs Brisket. I did a homemade rub and it will sit in the fridge all night. I plan on getting up early and doing a 13 hour cook, I will post pictures along the way,

Sounds good. Two things to remember, 1) be patient if you get a long plateau and, 2) if you're slicing the brisket, slice it across the grain and not with the grain.

Look forward to the finished report.

Good advise, and don't forget....no pic's, it never happened!!
biggrin.gif

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck and don't forget some Qview

This was early today, I will update with a new picture next time I open the smoker up to mop and turn
6c2dd0f7_vbattach18762.jpg

7744cba0_vbattach18761.jpg

I don't have to worry about the red looking pictures anymore, A good rain came with wind and it torn up the canopy, LOL

Still going good, a few more hours I think.

I usually do a slightly smaller brisket...flat cut...and I get three such pieces and put the rub on overnight...then put into a roaster oven for
6 hours with Claudes Brisket sauce...folks rave about this brisket...so am anxious to see how a smoker does...225 is my cooking temp with the roaster...same as I would do with a smoker...13 hours may be too long...

It may be done before the 13 hours, The meat temp is 165 now and I coverd with foil for the last part of cooking.
eb3dc919_vbattach18770.jpg

Looks good Vince isn't it great when a plan comes together
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Well, I have to say I am really happy with my first brisket, I think it is the most tasty thing I have done so far. Finding you all and all the reading I did helped, I don't think I could have done it without Forum. Here are a few more pictures,

my family loved it.
1b6ded77_vbattach18773.jpg

c1fec20a_vbattach18772.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky