Im back and finally bought....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nottooyoungtosmoke

Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 22, 2005
a smoker!
its about time. a barb-b-chef offset smoker. $250. im going to put it together rigght now, but ill post pics of the process when im all done. its eight o clock, ready, set, go!

OK, go...We're timing you...
wink.gif

Congrats on the new smoker. What are you going to smoke first?

whew, that was long.
took me 3 hours, but im not very good at that kind of stuff. i didnt take pictures, i was way to lazy. the finished project looks good, and i cant wait to fire her up. im seasoning her tomorrow, and then cooking up some ribs on wednesday. seems easy enough, the 3-2-1 method.

It took me 2.5 - 3 hours to put mine together as well. I wasn't in any hurry, just worked steadily.

Jamie

Congratulations on your smoker, Young'un!

Now get busy and keep us posted!

We're watching you!!! :D

Cheers!

well i had my first smoke, and i think everything went well, especially for the first time....

theres the smoker, hard at work. i was surprised how often i had to add wood to keep a solid flow of smoke, they burnt up quick, even though they had been soaking for a while....
when i went to the store, i saw that there were only 4 jalapenos! i was ticked, but bought them anyways, and made some wayy good ABT's, stuffed with cream cheese and mozarrella, the mozarella was soooo good. its a good thing my dad and girlfriend are picky eaters, i got two, and my mom and brother got one. next time im going to make a ton of these.

the ribs were good, but were kinda wierd, some parts were tough, and some parts were perfectly tender. ill figure that out later.
http://photobucket.com/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky