If you like Yoshidas you are gonna LOVE this!!! W/ Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nwbhoss

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Arlington Washington
I have been using this sauce for a while now and I like it much better than Yoshidas
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
You can get it Costco and man does it do a job on Chicken (or just about anything else)
So take some of this......

add it to this.......

do this for 24 hours.....

and put here @200* for about 4 hours

It will start to look like this.......

I turn them every half hour.
and when done they look like this!!!!!!

I tell you this stuff ia AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! add a little heat if you like and this will knock your socks off!!!!!!!
Thanks for looking and let me know if you try it
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Costco is the only place I have seen this stuff and this is the size bottle they sell. I go thru a few of them a year. It is a "seasonal" item so they will not be in the Costco stores year round.

looks good!! wish i had a Costco near me, is there a membership fee to go there or will they let you buy anyway?

They sell it in most supermarkets in smaller bottles around here (Boston) and I use it all the time. They also sell it with a little spice in it too if you like the heat.
I have used it as a base for stir fry, as well as a marinade for steak tips. It does a real good job on tips. Let them sit overnight or for 6 hours or so and you got yourself some good beef!

Nice looking chicken my friend!

Now the thighes look great and I like to fine some of that sauce.

ive seen it at Super Wal-Mart, pretty easy to make your own version as well.

Ive had this stuff, and a simple mix of terryaki sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic, maybe some minced ginger, toasted sesame seeds, and a little veg. oil to taste, and you will get really close. And more natural, and less processed like Yoshida's, etc.

Id go more terryaki, im not big on salt, and soy is pretty much liquid salt. Do it to taste, and maybe add some diced green onion to the mix, and let it come together in the fridge for a few hours.

just a basic asian marinade.

Does it still have High Fructose Corn Syrup in it?
I like Yoshida's but when any product contains BOTH HFCS and sugar (or salt AND msg) I think it is overkill.

Nice! Pretty sure they have smaller bottles of it in the Asian section of one of our grocery centers, I'll have to pick one up.

Don't get me started, that whole "just as safe as sugar" Well no, sugar wasn't made in a laboratory by adding a synthetic strand to the corn syrup molecule.
"Safe in moderation"
How can it be in moderation if it is in almost everything?
Ketchup, bread, drinks, 70-80% of what most people have in their fridge or pantry contains HFCS.

Ok...rant over
icon_smile.gif

Back to the Soy Vay, love the name, and slogan "This stuff is good"

If anyone wants to try, here is a simple terriyaki marinade that I got from some oriental friends of the Family years ago. We always looked forward to their grilled terriyaki beef. It doesn't have sesame seeds in it but I'm sure adding them wouldn't hurt it.

1 part water
1 part Soy sauce
sugar to taste
salt and pepper to taste
Minced garlic (again it's up to you how much)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 part Cooking wine (optional)

Again use your own taste to judge what amounts you want and how you like it. Believe me we found this as good as any store bought terriyaki sauce.

Hope you enjoy it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky