If I get an AMNS does that mean I can't use a water pan?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

janegael

Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
New Haven, CT
For you pros this will undoubtedly sound weird, but I generally just smoke chicken halves because we like a heavy hickory flavor.  I  put two water pans on the bottom rack to catch the drippings and get the smoke flavor.  This water is then used for making soups or stews. Yum. 

It sounds as if I won't be able to use a AMNS and still use that much water.  I'm just using a large shallow pan (electric stove burner cover) that sits on the burner right now for my wood chips as my MES 30 analog chip pan just doesn't work.

I could also use a recommendation for a good thermometer for food and oven temp as mine has left this mortal coil.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky