If I could pick the throwdown category it would be?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fired up

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 12, 2008
Indianapolis,Indiana
Hi guys and gals,

I thought it would be a good idea to hear what you guys would like to see as a category for upcoming throwdowns. And yes, there will be a fatty throwdown later this year.

good thought, some of the regular meats would be hard to do, like briskets , and porks they all look similar, just dont taste the same, maybee ribs or whole chickens, burgers or hot dogs might be fun

Scraps turned into Sausage.

Cold Smoked sausages

Anything Goes... if it is in smoke

Seafood (we are doing that this month)

Ground Meat smokes

Vegetarian Smokes

I would suggest to keep people entering that you keep track of placing and points on a graph so people enter every month. This would allow for a throwdown points champion at the end of the year. Anything to get people to do things that take them into an area never attempted. (For me that is a fattie)

My first thought was fatties, but I guess you already thought of that.

I think one dedicated to peppers would be good. abt's, rellanos, anything where the central object is a pepper.

Maybe a cold-smoke throwdown??

Fish? What a great idea!
biggrin.gif

pork ribs(a spares month, a bb's month, and maybe even a csr month)
beef ribs
meatloaf
beef roast
steaks

I think butts, picnic shoulders, briskets could be done. They all dont looke the same, some look alot better than others(smoke ring, moistness, bark, etc.)

good call,

a wild game one would be nice as well for all the hunters and those with access to wild game meats.

This would be a doosey,, but what about an online smoke comp, IE
Chicken
pork
ribs
Brisket
all in the same entry?

Only reason I was thinking of this is because I am contemplating going to a comp or two this year and need to do a few practice runs,,,

I love this months title, but with the weather doubt I will do anything.

Sausage would be interesting..

How about a "whole spread"? Each food item would contain smoked ingredients prominently. All would be pictured at a table, ready to be consumed.

A dinner would include an appetizer, a meat, a side or two, and a dessert. Breakfast might consist of a sausage "fatty" along with some hashbrowns or toast of some kind--maybe some flapjacks with some "smoked syrup". Lunch could be a sandwich with smoked meat and some type of side.

Maybe do one style (breakfast, lunch, dinner) once a year?

I'm with Bruce (dirt guy) on this one I like the whole meal deal. Maybe not a big party spread but maybe a good Dinner spread would be better idea.

If I could pick the throwdown category it would be? At my house of course
icon_mrgreen.gif
But seriously, it sounds as tho u have a bunch of good ideas...Happy smokes !!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky