Identify this "Pepper" please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

palladini

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
I Started my Pepper seeds on Heat tray in the basement, and I got the seeds from repuatable seed dealers. But I have these growing and I do not know what they are. They are supposed to be New Mexico Peppers.

Now this is what the rest of my NM Peppers look like!

Any Idea why those above look so different from the Bottom picture?

And here is video!

Last edited:
No idea buddy but I feel your pain.

My mother and aunt have given me some potted pepper plants over the past two years and they are never what they tell me that they are hahahaha.  I currently have a so called Tabasco plant and a so called Cayenne plant.  They look the part but the peppers have zero heat and when read are very sweet hahahaha.  I  was also given what was suppose to be a Chili Pequin pepper plant but nope, the leaves are not correct compared to the other Pequin I had so I'm not sure what it is unless it's another variety of Pequin.  At least that one is hot hahahah

I was just given another Pequin plant from my aunt but no peppers so we will see what it turns out hahaha

Best of luck trying to figure it out :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky