I won an Egg !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WildmanWilson

Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
I won a large Big Green Egg in a Father’s Day giveaway. I also have owned one for at least 15 years. So I really don’t need two so would you sell the old one or new one? I think the newer ones have a different spring system. What’s a fair price for either?

Congrats, don't know the worth but folks love them.

Are they both Actual "Big Green Eggs" or is one a copy (Kamado, River Grill, etc)?
If so, go with the BGE.
If they both are real, I'd go with the newest one.

Bear

Are they both Actual "Big Green Eggs" or is one a copy (Kamado, River Grill, etc)?
If so, go with the BGE.
If they both are real, I'd go with the newest one.

Bear
Yes the are both BGE brand. I’m thinking of selling the old one. Would 500 be a fair price?

Naw, you don't want to sell it, re-gift it. I'll send you a PM with my address. Best idea I've had all day... :)

Maybe you should pay it forward . Keep the new one you got for nothing and find someone that would love to have an egg but can't afford it .

Maybe you should pay it forward . Keep the new one you got for nothing and find someone that would love to have an egg but can't afford it .
I guess I should give my old truck to someone since I bought a new one too. Lol. I give my time and money to my causes but I see nothing wrong with selling something I own.

Reactions: texomakid
I guess I should give my old truck to someone since I bought a new
Well no ,,, I would not do that , since you paid for a new truck . Now if I won a truck for free , I would give my old one to someone that could use it .

Well no ,,, I would not do that , since you paid for a new truck . Now if I won a truck for free , I would give my old one to someone that could use it .
I suppose you aren’t aware that winning a prize over 500 is considered income and taxes must be paid. Since the prize in close to a thousand dollars then it’s probably going to be 350 or more owed in taxes. So you pay the taxes and I’ll give my old one away.

Keep both to see if the spring lid is different/better. Grill on one while long smoking on the other. Grill burgers direct on one and transfer to indirect on the other for gatherings etc. Bongos!

I'm in for keeping them both.
You can do something like this:
IMG_3676.jpg

Reactions: NU2SMOKE and dr k
Well to my surprise I won an XL Egg instead of a large. So maybe I have a use for two now. It was just delivered and boy it’s heavy.

Reactions: dr k
Congrats on the new rig! Man I'd love to have a XL BGE. Its on my list once I win the lottery and my wife un-decides that I already have enough outdoor cooking equipment lol. Get some pics of those bad boys up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky