• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I wanted to try, " Bacon on a Stick " so here it is

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
They look delicious! I've only made them once and loved them...well what I got of them anyways, my son might have inhaled quite a few by himself!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

I know what you mean, if I was not holding the knife to cut them they would have moved away as just 2 slabs, friggin gannets. lol

David

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Wouldnt be but a pile of gnawed on bones at my house, Looks mighty tasty.
Jim

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Wouldnt be but a pile of gnawed on bones at my house, Looks mighty tasty.
Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

It was a dangerous spot next to the ribs, glad I had the knife in my hand, :emoji_smiling_imp: :emoji_grin:

David

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thanks Jeff for the like and the comment

I am thinking it was from the pineapple juice because that is really the only thing other than the 48 hour cure I did different on the ribs , and I have done a few racks of ribs, a few different ways. Normally use just a spray of apple juice.
Or could it have been the 48 hour cure , I will find out on the next round.......because this will happen

David

It All Looks Great, David!! Nice Job! Like.
It's the Heavy use of Pineapple, that gave you the extra tender.
The 48 hours in cure is just to get the "Cured Flavor", without getting too salty.
If you were to cure it completely, you would have had to cut the cure amount back because of the bones, and go longer to finish curing.
I made them 48 hours to get it done quicker, but still get the Cured Flavor, without any extra salt flavor.

Bear

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
It All Looks Great, David!! Nice Job! Like.
It's the Heavy use of Pineapple, that gave you the extra tender.
The 48 hours in cure is just to get the "Cured Flavor", without getting too salty.
If you were to cure it completely, you would have had to cut the cure amount back because of the bones, and go longer to finish curing.
I made them 48 hours to get it done quicker, but still get the Cured Flavor, without any extra salt flavor.

Bear

Thanks Bear for the like and the comment

Yes I really think it was the pineapple juice also., They were good just too tender for me.

But you know what this means , I have to do it again :emoji_sunglasses:. A guy has to do what a guy has to do

David

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
Wow! never thought about this. Might be a cheaper and faster way for me to step into making bacon. Going to try this with lots of black pepper put on it before the smoke.

Looks really great, nice job!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Wow! never thought about this. Might be a cheaper and faster way for me to step into making bacon. Going to try this with lots of black pepper put on it before the smoke.

If you're looking for a cheaper way of making Bacon, you might want to try Buckboard Bacon. It's made from a Shoulder or "Butt", and many of us think it's even a tastier Bacon than Belly Bacon.
Here's How:
Buckboard Bacon (Step by Step) Nov 4, 2018

Bear

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021

Thanks clifish for the like and the comment

I have wanted to do this for awhile, Bearcarver Bearcarver and pops6927 pops6927 show how to do this and did this quite awhile ago , and others sense

Have fun if you do it. I will be doing this again , going to give Pop's way a try next to compare

give it awhirl🌪🌪

david

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
If you're looking for a cheaper way of making Bacon, you might want to try Buckboard Bacon. It's made from a Shoulder or "Butt", and many of us think it's even a tastier Bacon than Belly Bacon.
Here's How:
Buckboard Bacon (Step by Step) Nov 4, 2018

Bear
Thanks, I see in that thread you use Tender quick, I have Cure #1 do I use that in the same ratio?

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Those look really good, David, and since they went fast, they were obviously delicious. Great job.
Gary

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.