I see a Lang in my future!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
The last several weeks or so either Ma or me has been appoached about doing BBQ for a couple of car shows, family reunions and company parties. We even had a couple of requests to cook whole hogs for pig pickin' parties.

The Board of Health guildlines are a bit restrictive and all consumable foods such as meats and such has to be prepared on-site. Bulk foods purchased at Grocery stores like potato and macaroni salads is fine as long as the internal temps are kept below 40*

Due to only having the GOSM Big Block available and nowhere big enough, we had to turn down the requests.
icon_sad.gif
So cooking and storing in advance is out of the question.

So last night Ma and me were discussing the loss of potential income (important now that Ma's been laid off) and the need for something larger and mobile. We went to Ben Lang's website and looked at the 60 Deluxe and the 84 Deluxe. Ma gave her blessing on a 60 Deluxe and if things go well she said that we can then move up to the 84 D. Now it's just a matter of tapping into a couple of my stock portfoilio's and placing an order.

"How sweet it is!!!" er. . um... I mean "How sweet she is!"

Way to go Dutch!
Shame you had to turn down the requests, didn't know there were issues about cooking meats ahead of time.
With those kinds of gigs you should make your money back and then some in no time AND you will have a beauty of a smoker too.
Good luck with the new endeavor.

That's great Dutch.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Bet you guys are excited.

Will they require sinks and other NSF food approved equipment, fridges sinks, etc?

Now are you order you have to name her before she gets there.

Congrats

Congrats Dutch, sounds like you both are going to be busy, but having fun too.

Now We will be able to say We knew Him before he had a Lang! Way to go Dutch!

I Hope your success skyrockets with tons of orders. There definately is a need out there for good product. One could start a franchise on your wicked baked beans all by themselves.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

You will love it, worth every penny. But shipping costs suck. Oh well I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

Dutch,
I think ya should name your new lang, MA.

Good luck on your new venture. Don't wait too long as the weather will be turning on us before you know it.

Thats great Dutch congrats. They are great smokers I enjoy smoking with mine.

I would think it would be a mobile restaurant license he would get. I have seen people use 3 over sized tubs for qualifying (3 sink set-up). I'm not sure how it is over there that is just how colorado and arizona work. If i remember right from when I had my catering business

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky