I quit smoking!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Way to go! I quit almost 21 years ago after smoking for 25 years. The changes it made are worth the effort of quitting. After 3 weeks you are almost past the toughest phase.

Congrats. Quitting smoking was tough, was smoking 3-5 packs a day, been quit since early 2000

Good For You !
March 24, 2011 will never forget the date. That was after35 yrs of smoking. Still like the smell of a cigarette out in the open, but pretty gross on someone's clothing.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. My wife and I quit for 3 years in the 90's and went back. Stupid us I know. Over the last 10 years we've tried a few more times but it didn't take for one reason or another. Now we are in serious talks to do it once and for all. We're just idiots I know this. Hopefully with our new Granddaughter that will be the motivation we need. As most know it's not easy. Very proud of you for quitting. Stay the course and don't fall into the traps like "Maybe just 1-2 a day" cause that doesn't work.
Nor do E cigs or vaping, etc. E cigs made me want to smoke more! Thanks for sharing stay safe.

Congrats, BIG Time! I was at 3 packs guy for years, we rolled our own so it was pretty cheap to smoke. Bev and I quit back in June so 6 months smoke free, she still cheats with the kids occasionally, but I have no control. It's none or all in, so I don't touch 'em!
Now for you guys looking to quit, I can personally vouch for this stuff making the Quit nearly pain free! The Habit, lighting up with Coffee, after dinner, etc. That's on you and just takes time to get over... But, Smoke Away really, REALLY helps quell the Nicotine withdrawal and your addiction to it. I have used this stuff twice to quit, I know dummy went back after 5 years. But Im done now and it because Smoke Away Works!...JJ

Reactions: MJB05615
I tried to quit smoking once and all I got was fat. Now 20 yrs. later I'm still fat and I still smoke.

Congrats on quiting.

Chris

Reactions: MJB05615
Yes, the cost of smoking these days is ridiculous. Don't even know what a carton of smokes cost these days. It was over $40/ week for me I know.
I used Chantix to quit. They encouraged smoking for the first week you are on it. Absolutely no craving after that, it was unbelievable. It did not work so well for the wife. She quit for 2 weeks and then fell back on the crutch. Only smokes occasionally now.
The big thing I think is that "you want to quit "

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky