I plan on building a smoker.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rsp4834

Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Weirton, WV
I've looked at some awesome smokers on this site and that's what prompted me to join. I plan on building a smoker soon and I am unsure what type to build. I'm sure everyone has their preference but I would be interested in hearing the pro's and con's of each from you guys. I have the materials available to me to make propane, or wood fired, even electric but that wouldn't be my first choice. I'll be reading up on construction etc. I hope you guys can give some advice to a newbie like me. thanks.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! There are a lot of people here who have built their own smokers so you should get a lot of help with it. Here's our "Smoker Build" forum, there's a lot to look at in there: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/197/smoker-builds

Please do us a favor and swing by Roll Call and introduce yourself to the group 

bigbluerog i built my smokehouse back in oct. and love it!!! I use propane as a heat source. I call it the " Infidel Smokehouse" all pork is welcome lol. since I mainly deal with wild hogs. there are some great smokers and smokehouses on here. Since building mine I have learned about curing meats and made home made bacon, cured "wild hog" hams, Canadian ham, was already making sausages and slims jims. I use mine at least twice a month smoking . and thats with working shift work!!!

Looks good skeeter....I think I've found the smoker on here that I want to build but im gonna tweek it alittle bit.I love smoking ribs and Boston butts.I want to do a brisket I've never done one before.so im wanting to build one soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky