• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I need new glasses!

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
So I made chilerelleno chilerelleno 's Green Chile Grilled Chicken Enchilada Casserole tonight at the firehouse. Everything was going good...got the casserole together and put it in the oven for 1 hour. When I pulled it out to put the cheese on, the top had dark brown spots....more than I expected. I thought-"Dang! Hope the bottom isn't burnt!" I looked down at the temp knob. I had put the oven on 495*F instead of 395*F!!!! Oh Shoot! I grabbed a spoon and checked the bottom. little dark, but otherwise it was fine. Not burnt. Whew!

I've been putting it off... I need new glasses... almost burnt supper!
IMG_20211018_165038394.jpg

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Good save. I had Lasik in 2000 and its faded enough that I need readers and distance glasses. They are thin, but necessary especially at night.

If you are serious about needing some, check out eyebuydirect.com. CHEAP and great.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Nothing at all wrong with extreme hot and fast. I bet it tasted just fine.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Nice save. Yeah I always double check my oven settings cause the eyesite aint quite what it used to be.
Jim

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Wow that was a close one!! I wouldn't want a bunch of hungry firemen on my butt...:emoji_grinning:

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:oh well we all have most likely done worst.

Warren

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Nice save on that Keith! I had Lasik 15 years ago, fading a bit, I'd do it again tho, gotten a lot cheaper. RAY

JLinza

Fire Starter
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 24, 2021
I do stuff like that all the time, and I don't even need glasses lol. I'm a mess

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
I do that all the time but i have to remove my glasses to see up close. Then I check and re-check what I have done to make sure I didn't screw it up.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
The dinner sounds and looks good to me. Anyway, you're feeding firefighters! My department (volunteer) and the paid folks I worked with NEVER turned their nose up to anything to eat .... COMPLAIN AFTER EATING maybe, but not while eating?! !🤦‍♂️ I don't recall even our EMTS or LEA having any issue with being fed?! Next time grab the probie and have him/her set the oven temperature. Now you have someone to blame?! LOL!🍻
John

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.