I NEED HELP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

huskerkelly

Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
I am glad to be here. Awesome cite. I just started smoking and i have smoked twice now. Everything taste good but I have a problem. I am not getting much smoke flavor inside the meat. I have a gas smoker and i smoked my pork at 190 degrees for about 12 to 13 hours. I used hickory wood chips and i even added more chips to the box through the process. I feel like i am not getting alot of smoke from the smoker itself. i even have the vent almost closed all the way. any ideas would be appreciated.

Welcome! I assume you hail from Nebraska?
What kind of smoker do you have?
I think 190 is too low. Not that it would have anything to do with smoke.
Try using chunks of hickory or logs.
Or stick around here. I have learned a lot already and I'm new here too. Not new to smoking, but new to the forum.

My smoker is a Great Outdoors smoky mountain series from menards. i spent 150 bucks on it so i would think it would be half way descent. Right now i am using wood chips from menards. should i be using something bigger.

Welcome to SMF Kelly!!! You might as well go ahead and check out Jeff's 5-day eCourse along with the links brother meowey passed along. Lot's of good info for the begginner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky