i need feedback on making hot dogs/weiners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scotty

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Lecanto Florida
I tried only once. I forget where i found the recipe. All i remember is that they had the consistancy of straw.
I'm dying to try again but need to know from those of you who have made them.

Do they taste anything or have a similar consistancy to store bought dogs or baloney???

Thanks but i already have read and copied your post.
Im interested in comments on the resulting consistancy and taste

I've made all-beef dogs. Consistency was similar to store bought. I ground the meat twice and then in small batches processed in a food processor with some ice chips until it was a paste. The dogs were very good, but I didn't think they were worth all the trouble. They were the most time consuming thing I've ever made.

If I did it again, I would only grind once. I don't think it would have mattered, the food processor is what really does the job. If you don't use the food procesor, the meat will need to be partially frozen when re-grinding the or it will make a big mess and pain in the butt.

If they tasted ok then i must have goofed somewhere. I made a paste/slurry with the processor when i made my yuck dogs.
Ill try again using the above recipe.

Thanks for the reply

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky