I need a good thin BBQ sauce recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Greetings all,  I have a variety of sauces that I use depending on the crowd. So I hope this is to your liking...

Carolina Bubba Q Juice...

2C Cider Vinegar

1C H2O

1C Ketchup

1/2C Texas Pete or your fav.

1/4C Brown Sugar

1tsp Salt

1tsp Blk Pepper

Optional...leave out if using a flavorful rub...

1tsp Garlic pwdr

1tsp Onion pwdr

1tsp Cayenne pwdr

1Tbs Worcestershire

Combine all and mix well. Makes about 5Cups.

This is tangy you can add more water and/or sugar to your liking.

I have kept this for months with no problems, it will seperate after awhile, just shake it up.

Enjoy...JJ

Last edited:
For a Central South Carolina Mustard Sauce, try...

Yellow Bubba Q Juice

2C Yellow Mustard...French's my fav.

1C Cider Vinegar

1C Beer

1/4C Texas Pete or your fav.

1C Brown Sugar

1tsp Blk Pepper

1/2tsp Salt

1Tbs Worcestershire

Optional

1tsp Garlic pwdr

1tsp Onion pwdr

Combine all and mix well. Bring to a simmer and reduce to desired thickness.  Makes about 5Cups

Adjust to your liking by adding more brown sugar.

Keeps for months, It will seperate after awhile, just shake it up.

Enjoy...JJ

Last edited:
I am doing my first smoke in the morning.  Today while I was burning off my smoker i smoked 6 jalapenos.  after they cooled I ran them through my food processor and added them to this sauce. It came out delicious with a nice bite.  thanks for posting this recipe, it is excellent.  my wife is picky with sauce and loves this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky