I need a good pickled egg recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
I am sick of old pickled egg recipe and am looking for a new proven recipe to try out. My old recipe is kind of sweet one and I am looking for one with a bit more of a vinegar taste and a bit hotter. If any of you have a good recipe you would care to share I would love so see them. Thanks

here's my lazy way

big can of beets

apple vinegar

Franks red hot

eat about half the beets add your eggs

add hot sauce and apple vinegar to taste ,and eat'em all the next day when the wife is out of own  
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

i just made mine up,,, not sure if its corect but i like it.

i fill the jar im using with eggs (hard boiled)

then add vinegar leaving about half full.

then add tabasco,

jalapenos,

garlic,

black pepper,

pickling spice.

and whatever eles i got that looks good. then top off with vinegar.

after a week or two enjoy. i like playing around with it im not sure you can really go wrong!!

you know what eles is good when you finish a pickle jar. keep the juice and add hot stuff if you want, or not and cut up a cucumber into spears and put into the jar with the liquid. throw in the fridge and even after a day or two they are good!!

Last edited:
I am sick of old pickled egg recipe and am looking for a new proven recipe to try out. My old recipe is kind of sweet one and I am looking for one with a bit more of a vinegar taste and a bit hotter. If any of you have a good recipe you would care to share I would love so see them. Thanks
gimmee a day or two.... i got one from a bud who is one a those whodat persons... anyway the recipie is called "Satans Eggs", i been meaning to try them but never did but be more than happy to pass on the recipie. just have to find it first and will look for it tomorrow.

I like mine just pickly with no heat or sweet, but you can add hot stuff to this: 1 1/2 cups water

2 cups white vinegar

1 tablespoon salt

There are a ton of recipes on line. I found one that looked good that I am going to save for trying some day.

PICKLED SPICY EGGS

2 dozen peeled hard boiled eggs

2 tbs sea salt

1 tbs mustard seed

1 tbs celery seed

1 tbs pickling spice

4-7 fresh chili peppers

4-6 cloves fresh garlic

1 white onion

2 sweet Vidalia onions

3 cups white vinegar

1 cup cider vinegar

1 cup water

Slice onions and garlic. Dice 1 chili pepper and put in sauce pan with its seeds. Add the white vinegar, cider vinegar, water, salt, celery seed, mustard seed and pickling spice in the sauce pan and bring to a boil.

Put peeled hard boiled eggs, sliced onions, sliced garlic and remaining fresh uncut chili peppers in gallon glass jar.

Pour in boiling sauce and put lid on immediately so that when it cools it will seal. (If sauce doesn't fill the jar, top off with white vinegar until it is about 1/4 inch from the top).

I have not made these but my brother-in-law gave me this recipe. everthing he makes is awsome........

24 eggs peeled and chilled

2 Tbs kosher salt

1-12 jar jolopeno peppers undrained and sliced

6 bay leaves

2 onions sliced or quartered

2 tsp pickling spice

1 qt white vinigar

1 qt water

1 gal wide mouth jar

put eggs in jar,sprinkle with salt. draw juice from jalopeno and pour over eggs. add bay leaves, onions and pickling spice. heat vinigar and water to boil and pour over eggs. let sit for 24hrs

Last edited:
[h2]B&B Style Pickled Eggs[/h2][h2]Ingredients[/h2]
  • 2 dozen hard boiled eggs (peeled)
  • 4 cups vinegar
  • 1 jar or can jalapenos
  • 1 onion
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon tabasco
  • 1 tablespoon salt
WARNING: VERY ADDICTIVE!  IF YOU HAVE WALLPAPER IT MIGHT CURL FROM RELEASED GASES!

d04c8809_Picture123.jpg

Actually, would you care sharing your old pickled egg recipe?  Thanks to a mispent early adulthood of "there ain't nothing too hot for me",
eek.gif
I can only tolerate milder concoctions now.  Sweet with some vinegar would be appreciated.

Here is the recipe I have made for years.

To boil the eggs:
Put eggs in kettle with cold water. Bring to a boil, Take off heat and Cover. Let stand 22-24 minutes. After that run cold water over them and let set in cold water until cool. May have to change water.

2 cups White Vinegar
2 Tbsp Mustard
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Celery Seed
1 Tbsp Mustard Seed
6 whole Cloves
I like to add yellow hot peppers for flavor and color.

Simmer ingredients for 10 minutes. Cool the brine and pour over 12 shelled hard cooked eggs and one sliced onion.
Refridgerate for 4 days or more.

I have made this several times and they are good but it's pretty sweet. Try cutting back on the sugar and maybe add some cider vinegar this way it will be less sweet.

Here is the recipe I have made for years.

To boil the eggs:
Put eggs in kettle with cold water. Bring to a boil, Take off heat and Cover. Let stand 22-24 minutes. After that run cold water over them and let set in cold water until cool. May have to change water.

2 cups White Vinegar
2 Tbsp Mustard
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Celery Seed
1 Tbsp Mustard Seed
6 whole Cloves
I like to add yellow hot peppers for flavor and color.

Simmer ingredients for 10 minutes. Cool the brine and pour over 12 shelled hard cooked eggs and one sliced onion.
Refridgerate for 4 days or more.

I have made this several times and they are good but it's pretty sweet. Try cutting back on the sugar and maybe add some cider vinegar this way it will be less sweet.
Thanks for the recipe.  One question though, 6 whole Cloves of what?  Must be garlic?  I use Splenda Bakers so I'll do a side by side comparison with real sugar.  Yeah, cider vinegar sounds better.

Hmmm, very interesting recipes!

Thanks!

Up until now, I've been using the lazy man's way.

After we empty the red beets out of the "Pickled Red Beet" jars, I have alway recycled the juice in the jars, by filling them up again with eggs.

Bear

Pickled eggs

2 cups vinegar

2 cups water

2 Tbs. salt

3 Tbs. sugar

3 tbs. crushed chili   peppers

1 ½ tsp. pickling spice

1 jar pickled Pepperoncini peppers and liquid

½ large onions coarse chopped

3 cloves garlic peeled

3 links Andouile sausage cut into chunks

2 ½ doz. Hard boiled eggs

Pack in layers in a big jar top up with liquid, let rest 1-2 weeks if you can

Last edited:
I have nothing to add to this thread as I've never made any but ya'll are about to change that
biggrin.gif

Wow you have my attention with this batch of eggs with sausage in it. Hmmmmmm Might have to try that next time. Dang now I have two dozen pickled eggs to eat before the next batch. haha

Pickled eggs

2 cups vinegar

2 cups water

2 Tbs. salt

3 Tbs. sugar

3 tbs. crushed chili   peppers

1 ½ tsp. pickling spice

1 jar pickled Pepperoncini peppers and liquid

½ large onions coarse chopped

3 cloves garlic peeled

3 links Andouile sausage cut into chunks

2 ½ doz. Hard boiled eggs

Pack in layers in a big jar top up with liquid, let rest 1-2 weeks if you can

big-guy

Is there any heating of the ingredients other than cooking the eggs or just throw everything in the jar and your done?

Good point Hopefully he replies. If not we will have to PM him. I will be making a batch of these. I showed the picture to the guys at work and they all started drooling.

big-guy

Is there any heating of the ingredients other than cooking the eggs or just throw everything in the jar and your done?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky