I made my bride say "ooooooo" again! (First try at Dino Bones)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

retread

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Methuen, MA
Up here in New England, I haven't been able to find beef ribs for Dino Bones, up until yesterday.  We were stocking the freezer for smokes in the future, when I found BEEF BACK RIBS.  They had been cut apart and pccked into 3-4 rib packs, but they looked really nice and I bought 2 for today.

This morning I rubbed 'em with my standard pork rib rub and rested them in the fridge until 1:00 (PM).  This is what they looked like when I put them in the fridge:

cd9f42c9_DSC_0001a.jpg

They look like separated pork spares, but the biggest one is over 6" long.

After a 6 hour rest, I put them in the GOSM Big Block and held them at 225-235 with hickory for 3 hours.  Foiled them for 1 1/2 hours and then another 1 1/2 hours back unfoiled with hickory.  I pulled them out and this is what they had become:

8bfed100_DSC_0004a.jpg

This was my first try at Dino Bones.  I served then with french fries and a cucumber salad.  My bride (for 37 1/2 years she's been my bride) took her first bite and said "Ooooooooooo!"

She was right.  Neither one of us used any sauce, they were absolutely wonderful!.  I'm definitely going to try this again!

Nice Job Retread!!!!

"Hard to believe anything can taste so good", is my thoughts on Dinos---Betting you had that same thought!!!

Thanks for showing,

Bear

Dino Bones Are AWESOME......
yahoo.gif

Next time, try them without rub and some Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Make some extra and freeze them.  EZ to reheat in the over or on the grill

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky