I love my WSM 22.5 SMOKER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lubbocksmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Lubbock Texas
Hello everyone,

It has been a few weeks since posting, but I am so excited I wanted to tell someone. I smoked some ribs for my daughters birthday this weekend, then 2 chicken's on Saturday and the smoker out preformed itself!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a perfect day, weather was good considering here in Lubbock we had gust's up to 47 mph, plus blowing dust on Friday. Ribs came out perfect and everyone loved them. I was able to hold temp for 6 hours with wind and dust on Friday.

On Saturday, was really the perfect day, wind died down, outside temp was good.  I smoked 2 whole chickens and they came out perfect.

Here is the kicker, I started the charcoal @ 11:30 a.m. started the chickens @ noon. @ about 240 deg. smoked the chickens and dinner was great!! however I chkecked the temp on the smoker @ 11:15 p.m., it was actually 250 degree's. WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only added about 12 birquettes around the 5 hour mark when I pulled off chickens b/c I thought I might smoke some more but ran out of meat to smoke....(what a horable problem to have)

I LOVE MY SMOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weber for life

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky