I Have...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
...a Barrel-type airfryer (GoWise) 5.8 qt good sized air fryer, had it a couple years and have done several cooks in it, and turned out well. How much better is an air fryer 360 - type unit than that? Worth spending the extra money for it? The present one works just fine!

I'd imagine the main difference would be size and the amount of food you can air fry at one time. Seems a lot of the guys who got 360's are finding new ways to use them all the time and producing some great cooks. Myself, I don't have the counter space for a air fryer so as often as I'm going to make fried skinless, boneless chicken or rockfish I'll keep using the pots and pans. RAY

How much better is an air fryer 360 - type unit than that? Worth spending the extra money for it?

I am a huge proponent of the 360. I had a barrel type air fryer and used it primarily for fries. There just wasn't a way to layer food in the basket so I was very limited in what I could cook or the amount of food it would hold. I believe I've seen some units that have stack-able shelves that you can put in the basket but never found any for the unit I had. I love this 360 and find it's well worth the additional money. I've been able to do so much more with this one than I did with the previous unit. When you factor in the versatility, that equates to "value" because you can do so much more with the 360, which IMHO makes the 360 a far better value.

Robert

We chose a 360 style over a barrel type for the multi functional aspect.
Plus I like that you can twirl a bird and cook pizzas in the 360 style air fryer/ovens.
You also don't need to flip and shake fries and such either.
And they don't heat up the kitchen as much as a regular oven does.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky