I got hoop dreams coach!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salsashark

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
So the title has absolutely nothing to with my question... well ok, maybe a little.

Anyways, after a couple years of fighting with ECB's and the like, I'm currently enjoying my pitmaster. But... I was thinking about going with the gas this summer.

My questions to you fine folks are:

1. Have you seen, or do you think it would be feasible to convert my pitmaster to a gas smoker? If so, what would it take?

2. If converting to gas, what would I need to go all the way and hook it in to my grill's natural gas supply line?

3. Or.... would I be better off tossing the pit on craigslist and going out and finding a GOSM? I ran around to all of the local wally worlds yesterday and didn't like what I say... namely a Charbroil verticle which looks flimsy at best and some other off brand that I had never heard of, but was cheaper than the Charbroil.

Am I to far out on the edge here, or do you think this is feasible?

Thank you all...
I

Shark:

I've seen threads here discussing conversions to gas, but I don't remember where. If you are otherwise happy with your pit, it is not difficult to make the conversion. Check out this link for a conversion kit.

http://www.gassmoker.com/

Alot of the verticle gassers on the market, including the GOSM, are made of very light and flimsy material. I bought a GOSM recently and like it alot. These smokers perform pretty well as long as the wind isn't blowing.

Seenred gave you a good link, I use one of their burners in one of my horizontal cookers I cook commercially on every weekend. Good customer service too.

Thank you... that's exactly what I was looking for.

I always hated the barrel smokers, never used a cabinet smoker, and really like my horizontal so I think I'll contact them and see about converting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky