I forgot to take the ribs out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

two much smoke

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
I forgot to take the ribs out of the freezer. Can I smoke them from frozen? Can I defrost them in the microwave?

Or am I just screwed. I usually put a dry rub on them and then smoke them.

Any suggestions?

If they are still in a cryovac bag, you can put them in a large pot and let cold water run over them until they are thawed. It should take 1-2 hours. My thought is that using a microwave will affect the cooking time. If you do use a microwave, be sure they go directly from the micro to the smoker. For food safety reasons you don't want them to sit around partially cooked

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

You will need to thaw them first. Meowey has it right. Run them under cold water. That is the safest meathod.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky