1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I didn't stop experimenting in college

Discussion in 'Pork' started by jcglenn1009, Sep 18, 2010.

1. jcglenn1009

jcglenn1009 Fire Starter

I marinated with Allegro marinade, then rubbed it down with spricy brown mustard, coarse black pepper, and salt.  I have two more half racks in case this turns out terrible.

[​IMG]

Lemon pepper seasoning.  Sounds wierd, but when it cooks it cooks out the alot of the lemon and turns out some of the best ribs. 

[​IMG]

The old faithful rub.

[​IMG]

Any thought about using marinade or spicy brown mustard? 

2. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Lemon is good with ribs.  We use Aardvarks rub with lemon peel and smoked in cherry and that is a great flavor.  I'll be waiting for the finished product.

3. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

Looks great, I too like to play with my food!

4. smoke_chef

smoke_chef Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Love the experimentation. Especially interested in the marinade.  

5. It looks very tasty, I also liked to cook in college, these were excellent times, I graduated from college 2 years ago, I work as a speechwriting company uk.papersowl.com now in Great Britain, for me it is a great experience, if you are interested to write me, I will be glad to communicate.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  6. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

Can't say I've ever marinated ribs before. How'd they turn out?

Chris

7. That looks delicious, how did they turn out finished?

8. Hawging It

Hawging It Master of the Pit

Looking good buddy! I too was a college guy for free! Football deal. Spent my time getting educated? Chasing girls, fishing and hunting with my buddies and drinking a little beer. Learned to cook as well. Good forum. I have learned a ton!