I did the meat loaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sisco

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Western Ks
Used Jeff's recipe (used red bell peppers instead of green), liberally sprinkled Lowery's seasoned pepper on top then laid strips of maple flavored bacon on it. Cooked it in my ECB electric with mesquite for 3 1/2 hours, 160 degrees.
Son, let me tell ya; don't get none of that on your eyebrow, your tongue will knock you silly tryin' to lick it off there.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Glad to see the report. I've been reading posts on this and will be attempting it this weekend. I've had smoked meatloaf on my mind since my wife ordered it at Red, Hot and Blue about a month ago.

Sisco:

Good Job !! And, Great pictures.

SMF has gotten me hooked on several things, ABT's and Meatloaf are two of them. I like the red pepper too.

The last one I did, I used a nice Jopalino. Took out the seeds and most of the membrane. Left the veins. Sliced and diced it and threw that in. Cooked down so it wasn't hot, just very tasty.

Thanks for the post.

Skip

I took the leftovers to work for lunch today. When I took it out of the microwave every one in the lunch room got a whiff and wanted to know what that was!
Next time I might try a hamburger / sausage mixture.

BAHahahahahhahaha!!!
icon_lol.gif
that's hilarious!

Oh, by the way. Excellent lookin loaf you got there.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I've not done one of those yet. I keep seeing these and they look so good, i've got to try it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky