i did not know where to put this smoking bologna and salami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mudduck

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
nettleton ms.
has anyone ever smoke salami and is it good smoked ?

what is the lows temp i can smoke bologna and wieners at?

I can't say that I have any info on the salami, but the bologna is a little different.

I can't really say that I smoked the bologna since it was already cooked when I bought it. So I guess I flavored it, anyways I bought the whole chub at walmart super center and took it home. I put just a bit of rub on it and chunked it right into the smoker. Temp at about 220. I forgot to mention I took a knife and gave it a nice little slit on one side. It stayed in for about 3 1/2 hours and turned out very very good. My rub didn't do alot but it did make for a nice flavor on the outside.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

Tom

has anyone ever smoke salami and is it good smoked ?

what is the lows temp i can smoke bologna and wieners at?
I usually do bologna and almost all sausages at around 220 degrees unless I am smoking it at the same time as something else. In that case, it just takes whatever the main meat needs.

I would say you could even cold smoke it if you wanted to and/or needed to for some reason and it would be just fine.

It's pretty forgiving in my experience.

I have not tried salami however I would venture to say that it would probably be pretty good. I have yet to try any kind of sausage, brat or that sort of product that is not good smoked.

cool.gif

I'm kinda with Jeff on this one. I have persaonally never smoked salami but it has to be good. I have smoked other sausages and made some cured sausages then smoked them done for eating and they all turned out really good to. heck give it a shot and let us know how it comes out. After all you really cann't screw up anything in a smoker can you???? well maybe........ 

thanks for all of the good info everone

MBALLI3011

as for screwing things up in a smoker you don't know me lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky