I chickend out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

minn.bill

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 13, 2007
minnesota
on my beef roast's. wednesday i took a 5lbs sirloin tip and a 5 lb rolled rump and injected them with a pound each of ajus sauce and coverd them in jeffs rub bagged them and let them sit till this morn.i had every intention of smoking them low and slow but after many hours of reading old post's at the last minute i decided to grill them a little hotter and faster.i guess i should say i decided my cuts were to lean,i was afraid to dry them out.any way they were on the grill for three hrs with foil packs of wood chips in the coals . i took them up to 150 deg internal and moved them to the oven where i will take the rump to 200 for pulling and the sirlion to 170 for slicing . right now the smell is incredible hope they taste as good.
icon_mrgreen.gif

82da1b30_vbattach16454.jpg

c9fe99db_vbattach16453.jpg

6241a50b_vbattach16452.jpg

bill......i did a bottom round roast low and slow........i injected it..........came out fine.........not dryed out at all...........

yeah cookie i've been grilling for 30 years and smoking for one.like i said i kind of chickend out. dude i read all your post also .i'll try it again with a fattier piece of meat next time. i'll post more pics when i slice and pull
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

nothing wrong with grilling..in fact i will be doing some stuffed spare ribs tommorrow..i'll do the 3-2 on the smoker then stuff and finish on the grill

I do that with my rib and chops too. I will smoke them then finish off on the grill. The best of both worlds.

Good looking grub.

Kookie

how do you STUFF a spare rib?

you need two, fill in the cavity of one (bone side) and then top it with the second and tie together with baking twine......

heres the last two pics of the fished products.i ended up getting them both to hot 200deg.wich was great for pulling .the end result was delicious
wink.gif
no regrets but will get the sliceable sammie meat next time
biggrin.gif

18a4c9f8_vbattach16467.jpg

82ead34f_vbattach16466.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky