I am so bummed

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by 357mag, Jul 18, 2010.

1. I just checked the Bass Pro Shop Web site and the GOSM Big Block is out of stock! What am I going to do? That is the only gas smoker in that price range that I have seen that I really like. Perfect size for a whole packer brisket.

Any suggestions for an alternative in that same $200 price range?

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Id call BPS and see how long it will be out of stock.

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Many times even tho you can't order it online a store may have it in stock. May require a road trip to get one but will be worth it when you do

4. richc

richc Fire Starter

If you have a Gander Mountain near you, go check them out. My local store had the Smoke Vault 24 for $299 and the Smoke Hollow 38" for $229. I felt like the Smoke Hollow, though not as wide as the GOSM and the Smoke Vault, was better constructed. It does have an issue of running hot but the company will supposedly replace parts to make it work at the correct temps. 

5. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Our local Sportsman's Warehouse has the Smoke Vault 24 for $249.00.

6. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It is worthy of trying, you might end up with a GOSM that is free of damage.

7. retread

retread Meat Mopper

Maybe you could get a floor demo (already assembled) with a discount!

8. Thanks for the suggestions. I will give my local (60 miles away) Bass Pro Shop a call and see if they have any in stock.

9. I contacted BPS today and they told me that the GOSM would be back in stock sometime the first of August. 

10. bowtieracin

bowtieracin Smoke Blower

Build yer own!! build yer own! much more fun than buying one