I am so bummed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
I just checked the Bass Pro Shop Web site and the GOSM Big Block is out of stock! What am I going to do? That is the only gas smoker in that price range that I have seen that I really like. Perfect size for a whole packer brisket.

Any suggestions for an alternative in that same $200 price range?

Id call BPS and see how long it will be out of stock.

Many times even tho you can't order it online a store may have it in stock. May require a road trip to get one but will be worth it when you do

If you have a Gander Mountain near you, go check them out. My local store had the Smoke Vault 24 for $299 and the Smoke Hollow 38" for $229. I felt like the Smoke Hollow, though not as wide as the GOSM and the Smoke Vault, was better constructed. It does have an issue of running hot but the company will supposedly replace parts to make it work at the correct temps. 

Our local Sportsman's Warehouse has the Smoke Vault 24 for $249.00.

Many times even tho you can't order it online a store may have it in stock. May require a road trip to get one but will be worth it when you do
It is worthy of trying, you might end up with a GOSM that is free of damage.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give my local (60 miles away) Bass Pro Shop a call and see if they have any in stock.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky