I am smokin'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dustbunny

Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
San Jose, California
Gee whiz. I have been sucessful at my little Spirit Weber BBQ, for many years now. I got a wiff of the smoker smells, my down stairs neighbor produced. They bought a smoker and that got me thinkin'... Smokin' is better than BBQ. It's the best of both. So, I tried first to smoke in my Weber, and my baby back pork ribs came out petrified rocks. That was three weeks ago. The ribs actually clanked on the plate when I took them off the grill. I have never before cooked a meal like this, nor did I ever imagine I could.
I have a lot to learn, I see. I didn't want to buy a big smoker. I don't have a lot of room for that. I am now experimenting with my Weber (baby) Q 140, electric grill, and trying to find a way to smoke small quatities of fall-off-the-bone ribs, in a simple way, not taking up a lot of space, and without a lot of clean up. That is my goal.
Bonnie

Glad to have you with us.

Being new at smoking, you might want to check out Jeff's 5Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here 5 Day eCourse

Well Bonnie first off welcome to SMF. You'll like it here there are alot of good people here that just love to help out in many ways. First I would suggest that you look up the 5-day E-course it free and very informative on smoking meat. The next thing to do is hang out in here and read the threads and responces and you will learn a bunch. then go smoke something and post it with picture we love the Qview.
Welcome To The Addiction.

Aloha,

Welcome to the SMF. You'll have fun here. Don't hesitate to ask about anything.
Besides the 5 day course, try reading about the 3-2-1 method for ribs in the sidebar to the left.

Welcome to the site, you'll be smoking excellent meals in no time.
One way to help out with ribs taking up a lot of space would be to get a rib rack, then you can smoke them sideways and have free space for...well for anything extra you smoke.

Hi Bonnie,

My name is Tiarnan and I am a "Que-aholic".

I last smoked about...8 hours ago....and am Dang Proud of it!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Hi Bonnie,

My name is Tiarnan and I am a "Que-aholic".

I last smoked about...8 hours ago....and am Dang Proud of it!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Welcome to the addiction!

Welcome to the forum, Bonnie! I started smoking spares on my gas grill about 9 years ago. It can be done, with patience and the right methods.

I did break down and buy my first dedicated smoker over 5 years ago...now I have 3, plus a charcoal grill with mods for cold smoking.

You'll find the info you need to turn out great smoked foods here.

Good luck and happy smokes!

Enjoy!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky