howzit from Hawaii

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blacknbluedog

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Honolulu
Hi, I am a novice smoker hoping to learn the tricks of the trade. I have an ECB and used if for the first time yesterday. The results were just okay, not great. I have signed up for the 5 day course. Its good to know that I can turn to people on this forum for expert advice. I purchased the ECB because 1. cheap (didnt want to invest too much in something I know next to nothing about) and 2.seemed easier than charcoal. Thanks to all for the advice that I know I will be getting/needing.
Brian

Welcome to the SMF. You'll be amazed at how much information you'll be processing in no time. That means even better Q.

Welcome to SMF blackandbluedog, I have an ECB also. Although it doesn't see much action since I bought my GOSM bigblock.

What were you smokin that didn't turn out so hot?

Signing up for the 5 day ecourse is a good move, it will answer alot of questions.

Brian,

I have mastered the ECB, no one else knows it better than myself
icon_wink.gif
......... Just fly me over to Hawaii, and I will give you hands on, step by step, instructions. In advance, you can prep by filling the fridge with ribs, roast, butts, sausages, fish, plenty of spices, and a bunch of beer. I think I can get you up to a respectable level in about 3 weeks time. Let me know when you get me that ticket ........ just make it two tickets my wife would to come out as well.
icon_wink.gif

enough fantasy here .......... Welcome aboard and enjoy it here, we are glad you found us.

Welcome to SMF,very friendly bunch here ,any questions ,ask away and someone will get back to you,glad you joined us
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I bought a ecb first for 8 dollars and then thats was just the start of it.
After I found this forum the rest of it was down hill in a hurry.It sucks you in and soon your making a smoker then your buying a bigger smoker,It just doesnt get better that this place a lot of good people with great answers.
Post a lot of pics and ask questions if you got them
Good luck and Good smoking
Redbrinkman1955
icon_razz.gif

Welcome Brian -

You are already in a great place to learn some simple wonderful cooking techniques! I leaned alot about preparing food and inexpensively when I lived in Hawaii! To bad most of and Mom and Pop restaurants are gone they could make some great food out of almost nothing. Ah well I degress ...

The ECB is a great little smoker don't let the price fool you! It's the Hibachi of the smoking world! Enjoy!

Hi Brian!...Welcome to the SMF!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
...Glad to have you aboard!...
You've definitely come to the right place!...You're gonna love it here!...

Until later...

Hey nice to have you here at the SMF, hope to see more of you. If you have any questions, just ask and some one will have an answer for you.

Aloha and welcome to SMF. Not gonna regurgitate anymore of what everyone else said, but,hope you find everything you need to know (I know you will)!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky