1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Howdy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cagstorm, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Well I guess this is as good a place as any... I am new to smoking meats and have absolutly NO idea what to do... I was refered to this site by Chris Harper. I am looking forwar to learning from those who know, all the while eating some (hopefuly) good tasting meat. Anyway, I am from Waco, TX and am going to have my first smoker sometime this week. I will ask later for some help.

'till then,

Craig

2. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF cagstorm. Glad to have you here. Don't hesitate to ask questions or shoot pick up the phone and call you local smokaholic. Be sure you keep any pets or small children away from him.. he'll try smokin them.

Looking forward to your posts

Keep Smokin

3. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

alright craig, you found it! y'all, this is the guy i work with that is getting buzzard's smoker. do like i did and read all you can here. click on "roll call" and start a thread there, introducing yourself. someone else would have said it if i hadn't.

4. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF.

5. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome Craig.

6. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Craig glad to here your interested in the art of smoking meat. You have found the right place to learn and share some of your ideas. If you are anything like chris. we will all have to hide the animals and small children Lol.

7. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Glad to have you here, be sure to get up to speed with Jeff's 5 day e-course

8. naplesroo

naplesroo Smoke Blower

Welcome Craig to SMF. You definately found the right place. Ditto's on taking the 5 day e-course. You can find the link on the home page. You will get plenty of help and insight. Won't be long till your an X spert!

9. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, Craig. Congrats on being the recipient of Buzzards offering. Between that and having Chris being your mentor you should be producing some great Q in record time.

10. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Craig, glad Chris hooked ya up right and propper!!!

11. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF Craig.

12. Welcome to SMF.