Howdy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crowd pleaser

Original poster
Sep 1, 2016
First time on this forum and wanted say 'hey'! I lay my hat in Jonesboro Ga.  I'm no stranger to bbq forums....... For almost 10 years I was a part of 2 fairly well known forums. Got a little burned out for various reasons and decided to take a break. Decided to get back in the saddle and give you guys a 'look-see'.
icon_biggrin.gif
 I got bit by the smokin' bug back in 1997 and haven't recovered yet. I do 'small time' catering...meaning, I jump at the first opportunity when someone asks if I can cook for them.  I cook mostly for the attorneys I work for and my church (those are freebees) and a few friends. I started out with a Chargriller that lasted almost 7 yrs....I replaced it with a 'give-away 24"x48" Pitts & Spitts...which I cooked on it for about a year before I decided to purchase a mobile 30"x48" w/30"x30" upright pit from Southwest Smoker ( aka Superior Welding) I needed a smaller cooker for the house and got a hand-me-down WSM from a friend for $100......then I acquired a 24"x48" Patio cooker from Maxey Fabrication...., built 2 UDS (55 gallon and an 85 gallon),...went on Craigslist and got two 22" Weber Kettles and a smaller Weber kettle for $140 (all in very good shape)......oh.... and a 6 burner gas grill.
icon14.gif
. So that's my arsenal. But not for long.......I'm about to scrap/sell all of them, except for my mobile pit, the WSM and the gas grill. I am about to purchase 2 cookers from Shirley Fabrication. I went down there last Saturday and talked to Tyler (he's a great guy). Once he gets back to me with a quote.....I'll send in my check, and then I'll wait. (until next year
popcorn.gif
) I'll be getting a 48"x36" Vertical smoker (basically the warmer box on top of the firebox... on casters) Initially it was going to be a 48"x48", but I downsized. It will have 5 racks in it. The other will be for my weekends and the smaller cooks...it's a 30"x30" vertical (same as the 48") with 4 racks. So there you have it. My name is Crowd Pleaser, and I have a bbq addiction.....I don't need any help....I can kick this habit on my own...but thanks for your concern.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky