Howdy from Washington state

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnstra

Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
Hi all! My name is John and I'm pretty much a rookie to smoking, so I'll be spending a lot of time reading the great information on this site.

I grew up in Louisiana, so I've smoked things on occasion using various contraptions, but I've never taken it seriously. This past father's day, though, my wife had a smoker built for me by a gentleman in Colorado City, CO. He uses spiral-welded pipe and diamond plate steel. It's a pretty slick unit. Mine is fairly small - don't have the exact dimensions on me. Anyway, now that I have a real smoker I'm eager to master it.

I'm also real big into all kinds of diesel engines. I've owned a number of light-duty diesel trucks and I recently swapped a Toyota 3 liter turbo-diesel into my 1992 Toyota 4x4 pickup. There aren't many of those around
points.gif

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning a lot and contributing a bit where I can.

-john

Greetings from south of you (Portland, OR). This is a great place to get all kinds of awesome advice, recipes, and tips. I just started smoking back in July and have had great success thanks to all the wonderfull people on this forum.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Welcome John, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Be sure to check out Jeff's 5Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here it's "FREE"...5 Day e Course

Everyone here enjoys seeing the qview so be sure to post plenty of pics.

Hello John, and welcome to the best smoking site on the net, SMF that is. Keep reading around the forums, plenty of good advise from great folks. It's all good my friend.

first off welcome john to SMF. You'll really like it here cause there are alot of good people here that would just love to help you in just about anything to do with smoking meat. I think you should look up the E-course it's free and very informative and will show you the basics. Then go to this page and fine out
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
how to post pictures(we call them Qview) we really like Q because we can see what your smoking on and what your smokin. So go grab something to smoke and if you have any questions just post it here and we will answer it for you. So get going
Welcome To The Addiction

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky