Howdy from the wilds of South Arkansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rowane

Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Just call me Rowane, been known by that since I was 5 (a contraction of Roy and Wayne all good southern guys need both names) I'm a classically trained chef who is bored with retirement and beginning smoker. I got my training at the Cordon Bleu Institute of Chicago in the early eighties after leaving the Army.

As a retired man, living on my savings, I have decided to start with the ECB to save money and maximize my leisure. I'll be using a few of my favorite tools from my professional days to make things easier. I have always thought that the best way to keep your mind young is to keep learning new things.

With all of this in mind, I'm ready to roll up my sleeves, fire up the smoker and learn a few new techniques and recipes.

Rowane,
You sure came to the right place. Lots of talented folks here to get you off to a good start. The ECB is a good choice for starting out on, not to expensive and it can produce some good 'que. I started with the ECB that has since been kidnapped/adopted by my oldest daughter.

Read through the pages and check out all the recipes and pix's of what our members have shared. It will spark the imagination for sure.

Enjoy!

Welcome to SMF! You are in the right place to learn and hopefully with your background, you will be teaching as well!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome to SMF Rowane!!! Sounds like you are going to fit in great around here with your background. Can't wait to swap some tips and secrets.

Howdy yourself from the wilds of North Arkansas. Welcome to the forum. What part of LA, that's lower Arkansas for the rest of y'all, are you from. I was born & raised in SW Arkansas & worked in Camden for about 10 years.

I'm from south central LA, the land of tall pines and pink tomatoes, born and reared in Warren. I first got interested in cooking by coming in third in a chili cook off in Camden when I was eight, way back when dinosaurs roamed on the Ouachita River. I wound up working for Uncle Sam in far away lands after high school because college just wasn't for me. My platoon was VERY popular when the guys found out what could be done with rations in the bush.

After I retired from my Chef's position at Cricket's restaurant in '94 I moved back home to retire on the old family farm. (yeaah riiight! Farm! the only things grown on this little patch of ground is my little kitchen garden, I can just see myself trying to be the "Gentleman Farmer."

Rowane:

Welcome to SMF. You are really going to like it here. Looking forward to seeing some of the results from that new ECB.

Welcome Rowane -

Like Dutch said the ECB is a great little smoker. Made some of my best Q on my ECB. Lots of recipes here to share so enjoy! If you have any questions or are looking for anything just give us a yell!

Howdy there Rowane!...Welcome to the SMF!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Glad to have you aboard!

Great Folks, Great Food, Tons of info...and more Fun than you can shake a rib bone at!...

Got questions?...Ask away!...There's lots of friendly folks here to answer them...

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in smoking!...and...Oh!...We like pics too!...

Again...Welcome to the SMF!...Glad to have you with us!...

Until later...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky