Howdy from SE Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dogboa

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 24, 2013
SE Florida
I've been browsing this morning and decided to join. My main interest is curing meat as I already do my share of smoking and grilling. I'm an advocate of wood and hardwood charcoal for both. Gas I reserve for the jet cooker for crawfish boils, steaming crabs and getting CI pans screaming, white-hot for blackening. My present equipment (besides the jet cooker) is limited to a 22.5 weber kettle with rotisserie and pizza oven kit, an el cheapo stick burner and a large Egg. My wife and I do quite a bit of Cajun cooking and twice a year make homemade andouille and tasso. I've been known to do the occasional shoulder, butt, ribs and brisket. SE Florida is home to a very large Cuban community and whole hog in a Caja China (Cajun microwave elsewhere) is something I'm familiar with. When it comes to cooking, I have one serious pet-peeve, overcooked seafood!  

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

MERRY CHRISTMAS from GARY in EAST TEXAS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky