Howdy from NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrgleaso2003

Original poster
May 16, 2008
Hey all I am Jeremy from Clayton, NC. I am a transplant from NY who was shown the wonderful ways of BBQ. One day I decided that I wanted to make this stuff for myself and bought a Smokin' Pro charcoal smoker. It is a great piece of equipment to start, but I am thinking about getting a gas smoker to maintain better heat.

As far as my experience goes, I guess I am still a Novice. I have doing this off and on for about 1 1/2 now and have only dabbled in Butts and Ribs. That's what makes me and the family happy though so if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

The biggest complement I ever received was from a thoroughbred southerner who once tell me that the pull pork I made was the best they ever had!

I personally do not use the foil method for my butts like I have seen described on here but I may try that tomorrow for my first annual BBQ party (with many more to come!).

I look forward to chatting with you all in the future!

Welcome Howdy lol, You are at the right place,fun loving people here with a lot, and I mean a lot of knowledge. Just ask and thou shall receive.

Keith54

Welcome to SMF..and hang with the charcoal/woodie. That's what all the propane folks eventually get anyway...heh. Well, till they get lazy anyway.

Enjoy and read, and if ya can't find it here..ask! Keeps us feeling useful yanno...

Welcome Jeremy! Good luck with your smoke tomorrow.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome Jeremy to the best smoking forum on the net. If you try the foil tomorrow on the butt, it will be the best you ever did. You can add a finishing sauce to make it even better. I'm sure you know to smoke the butt to 205 in you want to pull it. Well you don't really have to pull because it will just fall apart.

Good luck tomorrow and welcome

geob

I got the rub ready its a simple yet spicy rub with cumnin and paprika (garlic, black pep, and sugar as well) along with a cajun base season. It goes well with the mustard I rub the meat with giving it a spicy/sweet mix.

The ribs I plan on using the rub (no mustard or mooseterds as I call it) as well as an apple juice/Jack D mix.

I plan on starting at 4:30am and people call me crazy for starting dinner at 4:30 am, but I want this butt to be done by 6 so....

I will throw the ribs on around 12 pm and use the 3-2-1 (or 2-2-1) method with foil believe it or not!

I will have to postpone the gas smoker for now though...the wife like the charcole flavor too much! :-)

Welcome Jeremy, you've found the best smokin' site on the net, SMF that is.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky