Howdy from Minneapolis

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jtrulo

Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Howdy folks!

I'm a recent college graduate who was looking for a new hobby.

I just purchased a WSM 18.5" and tested it out with a whole chicken and chicken wings. Used a brown sugar based rub and turned out great.

Interested in doing ribs next - any suggestions?!

Look forward to getting tips and providing my own findings on this forum!

-Joe

[h3]
texas.gif

Hello Joe, and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   [/h3][h3]  [/h3][h3]Gary[/h3]

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Glad you joined us jtrulo, congrats on the WSM and :welcome1: from North Dakota!
For spare ribs check out the 3-2-1 method and for babybacks the 2-2-1 method. After a few times making ribs you will develop your own methods, but these times and methods will get you there without having to experience any bad ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky