Howdy from Kentucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckeye024

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Lexington, KY
Hey everyone,

Just checking in to introduce myself. I'm Buckeye born and bred, but now live in Lexington, KY. I have an affinity for good BBQ, which is hard to find here, so I recently decided...if you want something done right, do it your self! I bought an ECB 2 months back to try my hand at ribs. I've done 5 batches. They have progressively gotten better, because I've learned something or two each time. I still have a long way to go, while I consider my ribs now to be edible, I haven't had that WOW batch yet. I've also scoured this forums for the last few days and learned some things.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I'm getting a GOSM for Fathers Day. Maybe that will elevate my Q some too.

Welcome from your home state..... I won't hold the move against you LOL. I love KY. Great state!

Make sure you take Jeff's 5-Day coarse.

You'll learn so much from the site and everyone is so helpful. Keep smokin those bones and read the pork forum for some great tips.

I'll keep the fort held down for you in Ohio
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Good to have ya!!!!!

Howdy from cincy. hope you get the GOSM for daddys day. I got one earlier this year and really like it, In fact I like it better than my $500 electric smoker. Ask all the questions you want, there are scads of good folk here that just want to help you.

Welcome to the SMF!! Great folks here to assist you with getting better and better when you have questions.

Hi Buckeye024 and welcome to the forum from another Buckeye. There are a few of us here. I've been a member for a while and I can say your smoking of meat will be elevated a couple of levels due to all the folks here. Glad to have ya and hope Father's Day is good for ya.

Buckeye, Welcome to the SMF. You will learn lots here and be turning out good Q in no time.

I am curious why you can't find good Que in KY? I grew up on some western KY Que (Paducah and west) and it (being pork) was what I always measured my tastes against. Of course there are lots of other good options in other regions.

what u said buckeye024, "if you want it done right, do it yourself". you got that right unless u fortunte enuff to have another smf member lving close by!!! welcome to the forum. looking forward to some qview, maybe from that new gosm. dont forget to clean and season it.

You can find good Q in Kentucky. Just not in the Lexington area. Owensboro is said to have some fine Q, but that's about 4 hours away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky